Development of An Examination Authentication Embedded System Based on Fingerprint Approach
Keywords:Fingerprint, Biometrics, Authentication, verification, attendances
Security is crucial all around. Access into institutions, examination centers, organizations or even estates ought to be controlled and closely monitored through a verification system. The method of authenticating a student for an examination has an obvious problem such as presentation of fake clearance card, impersonation and so on and the unethical manner associated with the examination is a grim issue that requires the stakeholders in academic area to seek for alternative means of authenticating student for examination, because the manual paper-based clearance process is fundamentally flawed. Sequel to that, a dependable and effective system is designed to tackle the issues of the convectional technique. The system will verify the understudy using fingerprint biometrics technique and generate a report which can serve as an attendance.
2) Ezema L.S, C.-U. J. (2015). FINGERPRINT BASED ATTENDANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. International Journal of Science& Engineering Research, 1623.
3) Neeraj Kamboj1, V. R. (2015). Design & Implementation of Fingerprint Biometrics based on Discretized Fingerprint Texture Descriptor. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 3(6), 5466-5468.
4) Olaniyi, O. A. (2012). Lecture Attendance System Using Rado Frequency Identification and Facial Recognition. Computing, information System & Development informatics Journal, 3(2), 36-40.
5) Tiwari, T. (2015). Biometrics based user authentication. American Journal of Engineering Research, 4(10), 148-159.
6) Kokumo. (2010). Lecture Attendance System Using Biometric Fingerprint. B.Tech Dissertation, Bells University of Technology, Department of Computer Science and Tecnology, Ota, Nigeria.
7) Jain, A. K. (2008, 6 4). Biometric authentication. Scholarpedia, 3(6), 3716. doi:10.4249/scholarpedia.3716.
8) Paul, R., Alane, K. and Ari, S. (2004). Biometric Technologies: Security, Legal and Policy Implications. USA: Center for Democracy and Technology and the Heritage Foundation. Rufai, M. M., Adigun, J. O. and Yekini, N. A. (2012). A Biometric Model for Examination Screening and Attendance Monitoring in Yaba College of Technology. World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal (WCSIT). ISSN: 2221-0741, 2(4), pp. 120-124.
9) Hambali, M. A & Jimoh R. G (2015). Performance Evaluation of Principal Component Analysis and Independent Component Analysis Algorithms for Facial Recognition. Journal of Advances in ScientificResearch & Its Application (JASRA), 2, pp. 47 â€“ 62.
10) Maltoni, D., K. Jain, A. and Prabhakar, S., (2009). Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition. Second edn. London. Springer.
11) Mohammed Alhothaily, M. A.-K. (2015). Fingerprint Attendance System for Educational
Institutes. Journal of Science & Technology, 20(1), 34-44. doi:10.20428.
12) Mohd. (2009, 06 6). Class attendance system using active RFID. A Review.FKEE Compilation of papers.